This tree was a birthday present from my lovely wife this last November. She did a great job in picking this stock and the tree surprised us this spring with flowers. As you can see, it has grown well this spring. I gave it a cutback and a couple of wires. It could probably use a few more wires and I will update in the future if I get around to it.
I left a sacrifice branch on the first branch to help it thicken a bit. I think a slight angle change is needed in the future as well as a chop or layer off the top most likely. Time will tell with this one.
Just some quick work on a couple of tropicals. They had some dieback this spring due to low temps but have recovered nicely.
This green island was looking great last year but took a couple of steps back this last winter. Just a general cleanup of superfluous buds and dead branches. I did add one wire in the apex.
The next tree was more of the same, a general cleanup and a few wires. I left the sacrifice branch in the apex to try and thicken the apex a bit to help with the flow of the trunk. Hard to tell in this picture but the wiring helped in 3D.
I should have a couple of other posts soon for general cleanup of trees. Stay tuned.