This is a larch I picked up this January and I originally didn’t know how I was going to style it. It was too tall and thin and I had an idea lately of the direction I wanted to take it.
This is how the tree looked before work.
I then proceeded to trim it down to one branch, and added shari to the trunk. The trunk was pretty taperless and boring so eventually I hope this will be a good feature.
Tonight I did some wiring and I am pretty happy with the result. This tree was bothering me with the way it looked, and I’m glad I got to take it down a different path. It was fun to work with and hopefully will improve in time.
I should also add that the trunk is probably an inch longer, the picture of it is hidden by the nursery pot.